Ben Coomber – The Man With the 5 Year Plan (and why you NEED one in your fitness business)
Have you ever wondered why your fitness business is treading water? You get a couple of clients then you lose a couple…in a never-ending cycle that leaves you with little cash in your pocket and no forward momentum.
Ben Coomber, my guest on todays training call, found himself in this position several years ago.
Today he’s battled through the pain to create a successful global business.
Ben is the owner of Body Type Nutrition, host of the iTunes podcast ‘Ben Coomber Radio’, writer for major industry publications & the ebook ‘Ditch the diet BS’, teacher of the Body Type Nutrition Academy for personal trainers, and presenter of the seminar ‘Diet & supplementation to achieve AWESOMENESS’ which tours the UK and Europe.
His SPECIALITY? Nutrition. The key to nearly every goal, period.
So who is Ben Coomber?
It may sound surprising but between the ages of 8-18 Ben had his heart set on becoming an actor. He was taking all the right classes at school and his parent were even putting money away for acting school. But there was one big problem.
Ben was obese. Weighing in at 16 stone.
He needed to get into shape if he was ever going to have a chance at making it as an actor.
So after taking some nutritional advice following the governments eat well plate and throwing in some jogging he lost a massive 5lbs in 5 months.
Hardly anything to write home about.
Something had to change.
He got a personal trainer who added in resistance training and started reading a book called “How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy” by Paul Chek.
This changed everything.
After his chubby brother threw down the gauntlet to Ben, challenging him to lose 2 stone in 2 months…
Ben lost 4 stone in 4 months.
This was when Ben became fascinated with nutrition and the dream of becoming an actor slowly fade away.
Ben completed a ton of qualifications at the Chek Institute and went on to study Sports Performance and Conditioning at University….setting up Body Type Nutrition in his 3rd year.
In This Training Call You’ll Discover:
- How to spot golden opportunities.
- How to build rapport with the “right” people.
- How to prepare to make the switch from gym trainer to self-employed business owner.
- Why setting 1, 3 and 5 years goals is the best thing you can do for your business right now.
- How to become a local expert.
- What it takes to get into corporate training.
- Map out your 1, 3, 5 years goals and work backwards to figure out what you need to do each day to reach them.
- Create a connection to businesses on an immediate and local level.
- Form partnerships with complementary businesses.
- Give away your best content for free.
- Focus on the marketing activities that get you the highest ROI.